A tried-and-true variant on the dollar bin, sometimes the best method of finding far-out grooves is just to scour the internet, find a random mix, and (more often than not) absentmindedly press play. This latest crate digging excursion comes from Baltimore native John Jones, acting here under the enigmatic-- and awesomely named-- moniker Nerftoss. Jones originally had an ambient, guitar-based alias named Eachothers, the output of which has completely disappeared without a trace. Other than a heady tracklist and some psychedelic knockouts inside, there is absolutely zero information on the mix. There's also nothing really newsworthy here: no announcement of a record, no original material, just a solid venture into folk, free jazz, and the avant-garde.
The curious can download "mx.1" below, with the tracklist available after the jump.
1. Peter Micheal Hamel: "Songs of the Dolphin"
2. A.R. & Machines: "I'll be your Singer - You'll Nr[sic] My Song"
3. Holger Hiller: "Waltz"
4. Pyrolator: "I'm Zoo"
5. Between: "Devotion"
6. Alessandro Alessandroni: "Cielo Verde"
7. Eddie Callahan: "Santa Cruz Mountains"
8. Jon Gibson: "Part 2"
9. Fehlfarben: "Magnificent Obsession"
10. Brice-Glace: "Neither Yeld Nor Reap"
11. Kenji Omuru: "Seiko Is Always On Time"
12. J.P Decerf/G.Zajd: "Rockin' on Sunset"
13. Felix Kubin: "Wagner 99"
14. Marco Persichetti: "Un Racconto di Luca"
15. Idea Fire Company: "Stranded"